6 Ingredients for Reducing Acne Scars
There are tons of moisturizing creams on the market pretending to be good for reducing the appearance and texture of acne scars. However, the vast majority are nothing more than a basic lotion that moisturizes the skin. Yes, moisture is important for helping ANY scar get better, but it is not right for a simple moisturizer to pretend it is designed for acne scars.
We isolated 6 cosmetic and natural ingredients that actually have a scientific basis aimed at healing the texture of acne scars or lightening the color of acne scars, or doing both.
We break down the ingredients into two “aspects” one is healing the texture and bumpiness of the scar, and the other aspect is helping the discoloration. Be sure to read Below about them, and also where you can find them all in one source.
Aspect #1: Healing the Texture of the Acne Scars:
Bumps, roughness, Holes in the skin… all of these are half of the acne scar equation (the other half is discoloration). This acne scar cream works on the scar itself by using these ingredients:
- Collaxyl (hexapeptide 9) Collaxyl is a peptide which in a nutshell forces skin to heal itself. It plays the role of a messenger that quickly triggers the skin into regeneration of its damaged cells. There was an experiment done by the makers of Collaxyl on a DEAD piece of skin. They ripped the skin, to simulate the damage done to cells during an injury like repeated acne breakouts. The scientists applied Collaxyl 1 time, and left it on the dead skin for 72 hours. This is the image from the experiment, as seen through a microscope. Remember, this was on dead skin, so imagine what it could do to live skin.
- Panthenol (Provitamin B5) Panthenol is a fantastic addition to this list of ingredients helping acne scars, because it aids in the healing of skin tissue and also spurs cell regeneration. A lot of researchers or industry professionals call Panthenol “the beautifier” vitamin. On top of its cell regeneration properties, it also moisturizes the skin and soothes irritation. This is very helpful in the lessening of redness and discoloration also.
- Rosehip Oil (Rosa Mosqueta) is a non clogging extract from a rose bud in Chile and cold regions of South America. Rosehip Seed Oil is world famous for the speed and effectiveness with which it regenerates the skin cells and minimizes scar tissue. It has been prescribed since 1988 as an ingredient for post-surgery patients to apply to the skin to keep the scarring down. Rosehip oil is a highly concentrated source of Vitamin C also, which has documented effects at soothing, healing and improving skin health.
- Acai Berry Extract is, of course a famous ingredient as an antioxidant and helper of healing in the body. Many people have lost weight or cured disease with Acai berry extract, but in this case, it is being referenced because of its ability to speed the healing of the acne scar, and flush out the discoloration and bruising.
Aspect #2: Lessening the Discoloration and “bruised” look of the acne scars:
Getting rid of the redness and that dark color that looks like a bruise that doesn’t go away, is the other side to an effective acne scar cream. Dermajuv’s Acne Scar Cream uses two other ingredients to get rid of the discoloration of the scars.
- Niacinamide - This incredible and natural ingredient first became famous when the New York University College of Medicine proved it as effective as the leading topical prescription medication, Clindamycin, at curing acne. The big benefit in terms of using it for acne scar reduction, is that this ingredient will fade scarring discoloration as well as treat acne. Niacinamide is the active form of Niacin (Vitamin B3). It also has anti-inflammatory properties which further reduces the discoloration of acne scars, and keeps redness and inflammation down.
- Asafetida root extract – This is an all natural root extract that lightens the discoloration by reducing the pigmentation of skin. Not harsh or dangerous like so many of the “skin lightening” treatments out there that use Kojic Acid or Hydroquinone (dangerous ingredients, as seen if you google them), this all natural extract lightens the skin by getting the hyperpigmentation to go away naturally. Darker pigmentation of the skin is a very common symptom that sufferers of acne scars deal with. For this reason, this ingredient rounds out our 6 picks for “must haves” in treating acne scars.
Yes! The Dermagist Acne scar fading cream comes by itself, OR as part of the Acne Scar Reduction System (pictured) that includes a detoxifying cleanser. The Dermagist Acne Scar Fading Cream is the only product on the market that is designed to SPECIFICALLY remove ACNE scars. Yes, there are scar removal creams out there that treat scars “in general” but anyone who suffers from acne scars knows that acne scars are a totally different thing than a traditional scar from a cut or wound. Also, let’s not forget that acne sufferers need to watch out for clogging pores or irritating the skin, which all the “general scar removal creams” don’t even think about. Lastly, there is the whole issue of discoloration or that “bruised look” that acne scars have, which is completely forgotten about by the other scar removal creams. The bottom line is that Dermagist is addressing a precise, specific group of people who suffer from acne scars. They are not worried about making a product for the “masses” that will sell millions.. but rather, a product that really works for acne scar sufferers. And oh yeah… it works.
Visit Dermagist.com to learn more or buy.
Why do we at AcneCream.com feel so strongly about this acne scar cream? Well, because we are acne sufferers both current and former, and we know how frustrating it can be to deal with the scars, or try to remove them with products that were not made precisely for them.
As a summary statement regarding the Dermagist Acne Scar Fading Cream the best thing we can say is “This is a one of a kind product that really works, and you owe it to yourself to use it.”. How’s that for a statement? Well the stuff is great and we are happy for the acne sufferer community that Dermagist is conscious enough to have released this product.